DOT Truck Cab Marking Requirements

If you are a first-time trucker, knowing what markings to display on your commercial vehicle can quite intimidating. For starters you must display your USDOT number along with your company’s name and the location of which you are doing business out of. There might be 100 businesses named “The Best Transport” company in your state, so you must identify the city and state. We also recommend for you to display as much information as possible on your commercial vehicle. If you have a MC (Motor Carrier Number) we recommend you display that along with your GVW (Gross Vehicle Weight) and all of the state numbers that are applicable to your business. Also don’t forget to display that you are using electronic driver logs and have a fire extinguisher inside of your unit.

What do display outside of your commercial vehicle (usdot lettering)